Spider Solitaire is part of the top-3 most popular Solitaire games in the world. The layout of the game consists of 8 long rows corresponding to the 8 long legs of a spider. This is where Spider Solitaire gets its name from. The game is easy to learn. If you stick to the right strategy, you will be able to finish the game more often than not. We have collected information about everything you need to know about the game. We will talk you through the rules, some of the game’s background and provide you with the best strategy and Spider Solitaire tips. Play free Spider Solitaire online on our website.
Play Free Spider Solitaire Online
You can play Spider Solitaire online free on our website. We are proud to offer you a selections of the best online Solitaire games out there. You can start playing immediately, without having to download or register first. All our games are free of in-game advertisements or commercials. Providing you with unlimited game time without interruptions. All you need to do is visit our website and start playing.
Spider Solitaire Rules
Spider Solitaire is played with 2 decks of cards (104 card solitaire) instead of 1 deck (52 card solitaire). If you stick to the right strategy, you should be able to finish about 1 in every 3 games. It’s definitely more difficult than most other Solitaire games but don’t let that stop you. On average it takes about 25 minutes to play a game.
Are you interested in playing Spider Solitaire but you don’t know the rules? Then keep on reading. We will walk you through everything you need to know. Spider Solitaire is a single-player card game that involves a lot of depth and strategy.
Spider Solitaire Setup New Game
The setup contains 8 Foundation piles and a Tableau of 10 rows. The image below shows an example of the setup after the cards have been dealt to start a new game.
- 54 cards are dealt into 10 piles and are placed in the middle of the field. This is called the Tableau.
- The first 4 piles (starting from the left) have 6 cards each. Only the top card is shown. All the other cards are facing down.
- The remaining 6 piles have 5 cards each. Only the top card is shown. All other cards are facing down.
- The 50 remaining cards from the Stockpile. The Stockpile is placed in the left top corner.
- The 10 empty spaces next to the Stockpile are called the Foundation.
Object of the Game
The object of the game Solitaire Spider is to transfer all the cards from the Tableau to the Foundation. Before you’re allowed to play the cards to the Foundation, all cards need to be arranged in numeric order on the Tableau.
Different Versions of Spider Solitaire
There are 3 versions of Spider Solitaire. You can choose to play either the 1 Suit version, the 2 Suits version, or the 4 Suits version. When you start a new game on our website, you will be shown 3 buttons so you can choose your desired game type.
1 Suit Spider Solitaire
Spiders Solitaire 1 Suit is considered to be the easiest version of the 3. The game is played with only the cards of 1 suit, the Suit of Spades. You are allowed to move all the cards between the piles. All you have to take into account is the correct ascending order in which you place the cards.
2 Suits Spider Solitaire
Solitaire 2 Suits is a bit more difficult. The game is played with 2 suits of cards. Most commonly the Suit of Hearts and the Suit of Spades. The reason that it’s more difficult than 1 Suit Solitaire is that you need to build the rows suit by suit in order to be able to move them to the Foundations.
4 Suits Spider Solitaire
Solitaire 4 Suits is considered to be the most difficult of the Spider Solitaire games. The game is dealt with all 4 suits: the Suit of Hearts, the Suit of Spades, the Suit of Diamonds, and the Suit of Clubs. You need to arrange all rows by numerical order and suit. Only then are you allowed to play the cards to the Foundation.
To play the game you move the cards one by one according to the following rules:
- The top card of any pile can be moved to another pile of the card is 1 value lower than the card on the pile you want to move it to. For example, you can place a ‘7’ below any ‘8’.
- If you manage to build a set of cards that are all of the same suits and build down in sequence, you can move the complete set of cards to another pile
- When an empty space is created you can fill it up with any card or a set of cards.
- It’s not possible to build a King underneath an Ace.
- When you’re stuck, you can choose to deal additional cards from the Stockpile.
- When you decide to deal additional cards from the Stockpile, 8 new cards will be dealt. 1 on top of each pile.
The scoring is calculated based on the number of moves you’ve made and the amount of time you needed to finish the game. Your total score depends on the difficulty, time lapsed, and total number of moves. The higher the difficulty the more bonus points you will receive. When playing Spider Solitaire 1 Suit, you will earn fewer bonus points than when you’re playing Spider Solitaire 4 Suits. The less time and amount of moves you need to finish the game the better.
Discover Winning Spider Solitaire Tips and Strategy
When you play it right, Spider Solitaire is an easy game to win. By playing according to our strategy, you should be able to win on a regular basis. The best strategy tips to win with Spider are:
- If at all possible, always try to build in suits.
- Build with the same suit in different directions. Build a sequence down and up with 1 suit.
- Try to keep every pile in 1 suit or build suit by suit. Don’t mix up more than 2 suits in 1 pile.
Play Multiple Spider Solitaire Variants and Similar Games
Due to the great popularity of the game Spider Solitaire, many new variants have been released over the years. The best-known games are Spider Solitaire 1 Suit, 2 Suits, and 4 Suits. The 4 Suits version is also known by its nickname: Gigantic Spider. Other Spider games with variations on the rules are Spiderette, Relaxed Spider, Spiderwort, Mrs. Mop, and Simple Simon. Out of all Spider Solitaire games, the 2 Suits version is the most popular. Why dont you try the Spider Solitaire CodeThisLab to learn the game.