11 Solitaire tips and Strategy how to win more often with Solitaire (Klondike)
Solitaire Klondike is an easy game to learn but not so easy to win. But with these 11 powerful solitaire tips and strategies, you will be sure you will have the best chance. The 11 tips have been compiled after extensive research, testing yourself and playing a lot of solitaire games.
Klondike (Solitaire) Strategy Introduction
There is a basic strategy to play Klondike Solitaire. When you are familiar with the Solitaire Rules these tips will definitely improve your game. The tips are not in a specific order. Some strategic tips are not valid for all types of play or settings. It depends if you play Solitaire 1 or Solitaire 3. But also how many times you can go through the stockpile.
11 Tips to win with Solitaire Klondike
- When you can play a card from the Waste Pile directly to both the Foundation and the Tableau: always start by playing the card from the Waste Pile to the Tableau and only then to the Foundation. This is the most important tip we can give you. By playing your card to Tableau first, you will receive an extra 5 points.
- When you have an Ace, always play it to the Foundation. But remember our first tip in case you can play the Ace first to the Tableau for extra points.
- Always try to move cards as much as possible between rows on the Tableau before moving it to the Foundation.
- Your first priority should be to open new cards on the Tableau and to clear rows completely as soon as possible.
- When you have a choice between playing a card from the Tableau and playing one from the Waste Pile: always play the card from the Tableau first.
- Whenever possible, always clear the longest row (row 7) on the Tableau first. Except when it’s possible to clear or almost clear another row first.
- When playing the unlimited reshuffle version (allowing you to go through the Stockpile as often as you want): always go through your entire Stockpile first before playing a card. You gain valuable information you can use to your advantage.
- When you have cleared a row on the Tableau and the next card you turn from the Stockpile is a King: always take a good look at your Tableau before playing this card. If you already have a row with a Queen of the same color on the bottom it might be better to wait to play your King. This way you can play a King of the alternating color to fill that empty row later on in the game.
- Try to build the stacks on your Foundation proportional to each other. Don’t focus on building 1 stack at a time. If, for instance, you have built up 1 stack up to ‘9’ while the others are neglected, you will run into problems later on. If you built too far ahead you won’t be able to complete the game.
- Try to build your rows on the Tableau by alternating the colors of the bottom cards for each row. This way you create more options for playing cards to your Tableau.
- When building your rows on the Tableau, try to limit them to 2 Suits per row. For instance, only use Diamonds and Clubs for one row and Hearts and Spades for the other. Don’t forget to alternate colors for each row. This will not always be possible and more difficult to incorporate into your strategy. But if you manage to do it, you improve your chances of winning Klondike Solitaire. It is not only a very important strategy but also a very clean and beautiful way to solve the Solitaire or Patience.